Friday, November 27, 2009

DC, Day 4

Our last day in DC :( It was extremely difficult trying to fit in everything we wanted to see because almost everything opened at 9 AM and closed at 5:30 PM, leaving not enough time to try and go to all these places. It was hard but I think we managed to get in everyone's favorites. Mine was the Library, Ryan - The White House, Mom - American History Smithsonian, Karis - Lincoln Memorial, and Mimi said she loved everything. At about 9:30 that morning we headed to the Air & Space Smithsonian. This was definitely Papa's favorite place. He loves to learn how everything works and the mechanics of machines.




I was so PROUD!!!


Everywhere we went Ryan had to have his picture taken sitting in a chair. So we have this shot duplicated (in different places) about 16326493984332 times.







He was proud too!

After the Air & Space, Mimi and I went off on our own to look at the Smithsonian castle. The others took a cab back to the hotel to watch the football game
.




After we walked around the castle, Mimi and I headed to the Natural History Smithsonian.





This is the Hope Diamond, the largest blue diamond in the world. This picture does not do it justice, it was absolutely beautiful.


They had an exhibit of gems in the museum, and I think I took a picture of every single one. But these were my favorite, Marie Antoinette's earrings.

Our flight home left at around noon the next day. We were sad to see DC go, but I was anxious to get home to my own bed and my own home. Our trip to DC was amazing, and it's up there with my trip to Disney World 3 years ago as my favorite. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment