Friday, November 27, 2009

DC, Day 3

Karis was feeling better on this day. Her temperature had gone was down and she was acting normally again. Still, my mom wanted to be safe and keep her in the hotel for at least half the day. While Mom and Karis were at the hotel, Ryan, Mimi, Papa, and I went out to the Capitol building and the Library of Congress.




The dome inside the Capitol building.
I took ALOT more pictures of the inside of the Capitol, but the lighting was terrible and you can't really tell what anything is. The had a tunnel in the Capitol that took you to the Library, so we opted for that. Anything to stay out of the rain and cold.

Being the bookworm that I am, this was my absolute favorite place we visited in DC. Unfortunately, we couldn't take pictures in alot of places here either. :(





I snapped a quick shot of the Supreme Court building on our walk back to the hotel.
Mom gave the OK for Karis to leave the hotel, so the two of them met us at the American History Smithsonian. They had a cafeteria under the museum where we could eat lunch.

This place was absolutely amazing. We saw the flag that inspired our National Anthem (we couldn't take pics in there either!). I thought it was just the size of a normal American flag. Wrong! It's over 30 feet long! It took up the whole room.

This picture is for my beloved Aunt Neesie...

The original Ruby Slippers from Wizard of Oz!


Abe Lincoln's top hat.

1 comment: