Friday, August 28, 2009

Something has to go wrong at some point

Karis had insane allergies, Ryan had a ruptured spleen...guess it's my turn to be in the medical spotlight! As long as I can remember I've been prone to dizziness. Not just when I get up too fast (although that happens alot) but at random times I'll start getting dizzy. Over the past year it's been getting worse, and I actually passed out around April from being so dizzy. Over the summer I passed out 4 or 5 times and had MANY close calls. I was in Driver's ed this past Sunday and I literally lost my hearing and broke out into a cold sweat. My lovely mother said that was the last straw, and took me to the doctor.
For those of you who don't know, I absolutely with a PASSION hate going to the doctor. Although, my records said that this was my first visit in seven years! Praise God I've been healthy!
Okay, back on track...they drew blood (my first time, by the way! no passing out or fainting!) to check if I'm anemic and gave me an EKG. The lab results came back today and my blood checked out normal. I'm going back to the doctor on Monday to get an EGG (brain scan) and they're going to give me a heart monitor, which I have to wear 24 hours a day for 4 days. I do not want to wear it to school, but I don't have a choice.
I'd really appreciate everyone's prayers, cus I'm kinda freaking out about this!

2 comments: